Professor Andrea Giustina
Institute of Endocrine and Metabolic Sciences
Vita Salute San Raffaele University
IRCCS San Raffaele Hospital
Dear friends and dear friends,
as you know this year, during the event CUEM 2021, the elections for the renewal of the GIOSEG Board of Directors were held.
I would like to thank all those who wished to cast their vote despite the electronic modality we had to opt for, given the persistence of the pandemic situation. It is a source of pride and satisfaction for me as President to note that after thirty years from the foundation of GISGO, from which GIOSEG was later born, there is an interest and participation of the Members not only in the Congress activities (CUEM this year it registered more than 200 members), but also to all the group's activities, including the website which in the last year exceeded 1000 monthly visits, with a peak linked to meetings of the highest international level such as Skeletal Endocrinology and national as CUEM.
Naturally, the participation of the Members in the elections for the Board of Directors is a further strong demonstration of this participation in the life of the Group, even in an extremely difficult moment like the one we are experiencing.
With pleasure I invite you to visit the dedicated section on our website (https://www.gioseg.org/consiglio-direttivo) where the new composition of the CD is visible. At this point, allow me to thank Prof. Annamaria Colao, outgoing Councilor, for the precious work done in the last three years in which she has brought, as expected, new ideas, enthusiasm and top level operational contributions. Annamaria has recently become President of the Italian Society of Endocrinology and we also wish her good work at the helm of one of the most important national Scientific Societies, traditional reference of GIOSEG for all its initiatives. However, that with Annamaria and her group is a collaboration that will not be interrupted, rather it will be strengthened through new synergies in the near future!
At the same time it is a great pleasure to welcome GIOSEG to the CD and welcome Prof. Nicola Napoli, recently called as Full Professor of Endocrinology at the Biomedical Campus of Rome, to whom the Members have expressed great confidence and could not have otherwise been given. the very high profile that Nicola, despite his young age, has been able to conquer in the national and international osteometabolic community!
Wishing Nicola good work in his new role as GIOSEG Councilor I would like to conclude my last short note before the summer break by thanking all the other members of the CD who have confirmed their willingness to maintain an important role of support and collaboration in the activities within of the Group, in which the Shareholders have renewed their trust and the mandate in recognition of the great and profitable work carried out in recent years.
Happy holidays and a warm hug to everyone,
- Radiation protection course for medical graduates in centers using an X-ray bone densitometer - Viareggio (LU), 15/16 October 2021
- Radiation protection course for medical graduates in Centers using an X-ray bone densitometer - Desenzano del Garda (BS) 3/4 September 2021
- Radiation protection course for medical graduates in Centers using an X-ray bone densitometer - Naples, 9/10 July 2021
- 5th Consensus on Controversies in Vitamin D - 15th - 17th SEPTEMBER 2021
- 10th CLINICAL UPDATE in ENDOCRINOLOGY and METABOLISM - How endocrinology has changed in the last 10 years and what it will look like in the post-COVID era
- 9th eSEM SKELETAL ENDOCRINOLOGY MEETING 19/20 FEBRUARY 2021
- OSTEOMASTER ALUMNI 1ST MEETING - Webinar / FAD Sincrona, December 16, 2020
- VITAMIN D: AN ESSENTIAL HORMONE FOR SKELETAL HEALTH - 2020 UPDATE
- 9th CLINICAL UPDATE in ENDOCRINOLOGY and METABOLISM - ASYNCHRONOUS FAD, 1 August - 30 November 2020
- 9th CLINICAL UPDATE in ENDOCRINOLOGY and METABOLISM - eCUEM - Live Edition, 2/3 July 2020
- Musculoskeletal system, metabolic syndrome and its surroundings in the patient with prostate cancer: how can we take care of them? - Milan, February 1, 2020
- Radiation protection course for medical graduates in Centers that use an X-ray bone densitometer - Milan, 13/14 December 2019
- Musculoskeletal system, metabolic syndrome and its surroundings in the patient with prostate cancer: how can we take care of them? - Milan, 12 December 2019
- Radiation protection course for Medicine graduates in Centers using an X-ray bone densitometer - Naples, 6/7 December 2019
- Radiation protection course for medical graduates in centers using an X-ray bone densitometer - Bologna, 15/16 November 2019
- 3rd INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON CONTROVERSIES IN VITAMIN D - Gubbio (PG), 10th - 13th SEPTEMBER 2019
- II level Master in Osteoporosis and Bone Metabolism Diseases - 6 May 2019
- 8th CLINICAL UPDATE in ENDOCRINOLOGY and METABOLISM - Milan, 5 July 2019
- 2nd International Conference on Controversies in Vitamin D - Borgo San Luigi (Siena), 11/14 September 2018
- 7th CUEM "CLINICAL UPDATE in ENDOCRINOLOGY and METABOLISM" - Milan, 5/6 July 2018
- 6 ° CUEM "CLINICAL UPDATE in ENDOCRINOLOGY and METABOLISM" - Milan, 7 July 2017
- 8th Skeletal Endocrinolgy Meeting - 3rd Translational ESE Bone Course - Mantova 7th-8th April 2017
- 7th Skeletal Endocrinolgy Meeting - 2nd Translational ESE Bone Course September 17th / 18th September 2015
- First International Conference Vitamin D - Pisa, Hotel San Ranieri 14/17 June 2017
- President of the Pituitary Society
- Slides 9th GIO, Rome March 19th 2016
- 5th CUEM Brescia 7/8 July 2016
- 9th THU March 19th 2016 Rome
- Two prestigious appointments to professors of the University of Brescia
- Acromegaly, new guidelines for the use of pegvisomant
- Thyroid cancer, use of recombinant human Tsh
- Acromegaly therapy: use of somatostatin analogs
- Hypothyroidism therapy: T4 or associated T3 and T4?
- Basedowian ophthalmopathy: what it is and how to treat it
- Insulins and type 2 diabetes: when to use them and why
- Clinical update in endocrinology and metabolism, key themes and messages of the third edition
- 3rd CUEM "The Therapy of Endocrine-Metabolic Diseases"
- QUESTIONNAIRE: Survey on a national scale between laboratories and clinicians on the use of biochemical markers of bone remodeling in clinical practice
- FAD COURSE - Approach to the endocrine system: physiopathology and management of endocrinopathies with significant clinical impact
- CUEM 2nd Clinical Update in Endocrinology and Metabolism
- GIO2013 8th International Congress - Pisa May 31st - June 1st 2013
- Course SIE Lombardia - Mantua 5/6 April
- Extraskeletal effects of vitamin D - Milan, March 14, 2012
- 2012 Congresses organized by GIOSEG: the president Andrea Giustina talks about it